The Need for Hybrid App Development Frameworks
Hybrid app development frameworks, further, due to their amazing features reduce your efforts to a great extent. This is the reason why you should prefer hybrid app development and select hybrid frameworks for your next app project.
When you start searching for these hybrid frameworks you will across an abundance of names, however, choosing a right one is the main thing. Each framework comes with amazing features, functionality, pros, and cons that you must check out while choosing any of the hybrid frameworks.
Here we have depicted 5 best Hybrid app development frameworks in 2018 along with their features, pros, and cons so as to make your job easier.
Top 5 Best Hybrid App Development Frameworks
- Supports Android, iOS, BlackBerry, Palm, and Symbian
- Native functionality
- Open-source cross-platform
- Allow developers add more functionality
- Can be extended with native plug-ins &
- Ease of development
- Compatible on all the platforms
- Taps into the device’s hardware like the accelerometer, geolocation, camera, and few others
- Beneficial for all the stakeholders
- Sometimes can be inefficient, especially while working with native apps
- Does not support all the functionalities
- The performance of apps is a little subdued compared to apps build for individual platforms
Ionic is an absolute open-source SDK for hybrid mobile app development. It offers tools and services for creating Mobile UI with native look and feel. There is a huge community of developers who help to solve any of your queries regarding this framework. The CSS part of Ionic can be used to make native-looking designs and it can be combined with AngularJS to bring outstanding results. Its advanced features like interactive paradigms, mobile components, typography, etc. make it one of the efficient hybrid frameworks.
- Supports Angular material design
- Easy to Read
- Easily maintainable
- Has a very good and well documentation
- Quick development because you don’t have to write everything from scratch
- Low performance compared to native apps
- May not offer as much security as native application
- Limited native functionality
- Very Swift
- Compatible with Android and iOS
- Offers number of plugins
- Better response time
- Components are reusable
- Supports Node.js
- Hot reloading
- Powerful performance
- Less memory usage
- Saves the development time
- Better user experience due to Virtual DOM
- One-direction data flow provides a stable code
- An open-source library
- Ease of learning
- Poor documentation
- Lagging SDK Updates
- Third-party components are still limited
Onsen UI is another effective and open source framework for hybrid app development. With Onsen UI you can build mobile apps with a truly native look. It is absolutely free to use and is a good alternative for businesses that have occasional app development requirements. Onsen UI is designed to work with a number of other cross-platform tools like React, Angular, and Vue.js.
- Great CLI (Command Line tool)
- Easy to use
- Brilliant documentation
- Capability to dynamically adjust screen length for different devices like Smartphones or tablets
- Improved UI
- Device and Platform Independent
- Optimized performance
- Shorter Development Cycle
- Supports custom theme
- Does not perform implicitly on browser back button click
- Does not support automatic logout when the browser is closed
- Does not permit to edit attachment content on the fly
- Does not support Standard Interactivity applet
Framework 7 is one of the most used hybrid app development frameworks. It is the fastest, free, open source and agile mobile HTML framework for building hybrid apps and web apps with native look and feel. Framework 7 is focused on iOS and Google Material design to get the best experience and simplicity. It is also a vital prototyping apps tool to show the working app prototype immediately when you require.
- Open Source
- Number of UI elements and widgets
- Use a lot of animation
- Powerful performance.
- Library agnostic
- iOS and Android support
- Very fast
- Alive forum community
- Native scrolling including fast animations
- Completely free from the license fee
- Confusion over platform support
- Average documentation
- If you don’t want HTML 5 mark up based solutions then should not go for this
For any app project choosing an appropriate technology or framework is the foremost thing. Thus while selecting any of the frameworks you need to be careful and inspect each and every aspect of it be it its features, advantages or disadvantages.
As per our research, these 5 are the best Hybrid app development frameworks that are being preferred by many businesses and developers to build their hybrid apps. Now the decision is all yours, however, make sure to hire a precise team of developers who are well acquainted and experienced with these major hybrid frameworks.